CONTACT: Kip Yaworski at (306) 659-5844 or 1-877-661-5005 Ext: 844 or by e-mail: communications [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com ( )
Follow us on Twitter at: https://mobile.twitter.com/SaskatoonCath Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saskatoonrcdiocese Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rcatholic/
Diocesan YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/saskatoondiocese
Funded by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal, the diocesan Communications Office has been established to:
- publicize diocese events, issues and initiatives, both within parish communities and in the community-at-large
- inform the faithful about diocesan undertakings, ministries and programs
- build community by profiling people and stories from across the diocese
- evangelize through stories of faith in action, of faith-filled people, of different groups working for justice, etc.both within the diocese and the community at large
- assist adult faith formation and catechesis through columns, articles and coverage of formation events, speakers, educational efforts, etc.
- record the events, activities, initiatives in the diocese as an ongoing archive of historical record.
- submit articles and photographs from the Saskatoon community to the weekly Catholic newspaper The Prairie Messenger, published by the Benedictine community of St. Peter's Abbey in Muenster, Saskatchewan. Back issues of The Prairie Messenger can be found on their website. An archive o
- n past issues can be found here.
|Twice a year the communications office produces a Diocesan Newsletter, filled with articles, reflections, interviews, photographs and coverage of events and peope across the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon. This tabloid-sized newspaper is distributed to parishes and to Catholic separate schools in the diocese in April/May and October/November each year. Back issues are available.|
News items can also be found on our diocesan website at: http://saskatoonrcdiocese.com/news
In addition, weekly bulletin announcements sent out from the diocesan office can be found on the website:
A calendar of events is also maintained on the website: http://saskatoonrcdiocese.com/event_calendar
The Prairie Messenger is a weekly Catholic newspaper published by St. Peter's Abbey, Muenster, SK. It includes diocesan news coverage. Find the Prairie Messenger online at: http://www.prairiemessenger.ca/