Samaritan Place in Saskatoon has an opening for a Permanent Full-time Director of Spiritual Care/Mission Effectiveness.
Samaritan Place is a Catholic health care facility committed to providing a home to 100 individuals who require Level 3 and Level 4 long term care services and 20 individuals who are companions of some of the residents. We advance the healing and caring ministry of Jesus Christ by responding to needs of the spirit, mind, body and culture of those who live at Samaritan Place. At Samaritan Place care is compassionate, resident-directed, safe and respectful. Samaritan Place is owned by The Catholic Health Ministry of Saskatchewan.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director of Samaritan Place, the director of Spiritual Care and Mission Effectiveness provides spiritual support to residents, family members and staff. She/he also develops and implements a mission effectiveness plan, which assures effective communication, education, celebration, and evaluation of mission and values integration.
The successful applicant will:
- have a minimum of one year of Theology or related studies at the Master’s level from an accredited theological institution
- a minimum of three units (four units preferred) Clinical Pastoral Education or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Applicants should be willing to seek advanced training to achieve CASC/ACSS professional certification if required
- bring endorsement by a recognized faith group
- have leadership experience in mission integration to ensure that the core values of the facility are alive and visible through Mission Effectiveness, daily operations and special events
- have the ability to listen, counsel, and be present in a multi-faith, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting.
Preference given to candidates who:
- have a deep knowledge and understanding of Catholic health care history, principles, tradition and a thorough knowledge of the Health Ethics Guide
- have appropriate spiritual and other leadership qualities they can bring to contemporary, Catholic, not-for-profit organizations
- have experience in a long-term care setting and the ability to provide spiritual care to residents with dementia
- have a record of achievement as a collaborative leader, community and team builder and possess a high degree of interpersonal sensitivity and communication skills
- have experience in volunteer coordination.
- Samaritan Place offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our thanks is extended to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by March 17, 2014 to: Mr. Francis Maza, Catholic Health Ministry of Saskatchewan, Email: f.maza@Catholichealth.ca or Phone 306-249-5865 ext. 223 or Mail to: 104 – 3502 Taylor Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7H 5H9.