The Oblate Missionary Association is seeking a part-time experienced Administrative Assistant. Interested individuals are asked to submit their resumé and a letter of reference to: AMMI Lacombe Canada MAMI (c/o Diane Lepage), 601 Taylor Street West, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9.
Data Entry Clerk/Administrative Assistant
The Oblate Missionary Association (AMMI Lacombe Canada MAMI) is seeking an experienced Data Entry Clerk/Administrative Assistant interested in working with us part-time (approximately 24 hours/week) as we continue to expand our work as a charitable organization supporting Oblate missions.
The Oblates are a Roman Catholic group of Brothers and Priests who were founded in 1816 by St. Eugene de Mazenod in France to work among the poor, the marginalized and the abandoned. The first Oblate missionaries arrived in Canada in 1841 and played a major part in establishing the Church of North-Western Canada. Presently there are approximately 4,500 Missionary Oblates ministering in 67 countries. The Missionary Oblates live as a religious community and take a vow of poverty, living simply as they walk and work with the people. These men dedicate their lives to serving the poor.
The Missionary Association is a voluntary organization made up of friends, families and interested individuals who support the ministry works of the Oblates through prayer, active involvement and financial gifts. Members of the Association share in the charism of St. Eugene by being partners and collaborators in the mission of enriching the lives of others spiritually, physically and emotionally.
As a Data Entry Clerk/Administrative Assistant working closely with the Executive Director, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for the following:
• Maintaining the database
• Attending to correspondence
• Bookkeeping: maintaining accurate financial records
• Administrative duties: maintaining a filing system, general office/receptionist duties
• Assisting the Executive Director with various tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
• Business College education
• Administrative support experience
• Training and experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting
• Proficient in data entry and maintaining a data base
Skills and Attributes:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to learn new computer programs
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
• Attentive to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills essential
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Fluency in French an asset
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience and responsibilities
Please submit cover letter (including salary expectations), resumé and a letter of reference to: AMMI Lacombe Canada MAMI, c/o Diane Lepage, 601 Taylor Street West, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9 or by e-mail: lacombemami [at] sasktel [dot] net We thank all candidates for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone: (306) 653-6453 • Toll Free: 1-866-432-MAMI (6264) • Fax: (306) 652-1133
E-mail: lacombemami [at] sasktel [dot] net • Website: www.oblatemissionassociates.ca