We pray as a diocesan family for all those affected by violence and crime. May our God of Mercy bring healing and reconciliation to our communities and open our hearts to understand and care for each other.
1, 2016, - 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time Prayers from Earthcare Connections
1. Gift us with personal and collective discipline to walk lightly on the earth and use its resources wisely. We pray to the Lord.
2. May this celebration of Eucharist teach us to treasure the gifts of the earth prepared by human hands. We pray to the Lord.
* Personal History Retreat – REVISED DATE Aug. 26-28 The Sisters of the Presentation of Mary are offering a Personal History Retreat for young, single, Catholic men and women 19 years and older. Through reflection, writing and prayerful discernment, let yourself be led through a process of exploring your gifts, your dreams, your relationships and see how God is inviting you to move forward in discipleship and holiness. Register now for this live-in; cost (includes meals): $50.00
When: 7: 00 p.m. Friday August 26 to noon Sunday August 28 , 2016
Where: 851 University Drive, Saskatoon
Contact: Sr. Lucie 306-244-0726 cell 306 260 0450 Email: sk.dhouse [at] gmail.com
More information on the website at: http://www.presentationofmary.ca/live-in-experiences/discernment-weekends.html
* Farewell to our bishop – After six years as Bishop of Saskatoon, the Most Rev. Donald Bolen has been appointed by Pope Francis as Archbishop of Regina, with his installation to be held Oct. 14 in Regina. A farewell Mass and a reception for Bishop Don will be held Wednesday, Oct. 12 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. Mark your calendar – more details will follow. After the installation of Regina’s new archbishop, a diocesan administrator will oversee the diocese of Saskatoon until Pope Francis appoints a new bishop – a process that could take several months. Please pray for Bishop Don and our next bishop as well as for the people of the diocese of Saskatoon and of the archdiocese of Regina during this period of transition.
* Children's Ministry: St. Francis Xavier Atrium would like to invite anyone interested in ministry for 3-6 year olds to an Open House Saturday, August 27 from 1:00-3:30 for the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. Come and see what this hands- on, prayerful ministry is about. Held at St. Francis parish, 222 Willow Street (at Melrose Avenue) in Saskatoon. For more information contact Cynthia Foster at lc.foster [at] sasktel.net
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training: there will be at training session for the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1 September 15-18 at St. Francis Xavier Parish. Brochures with registration information are available from Cynthia Foster at lc.foster [at] sasktel.net
* ATTENTION Women of the Diocese: Thanks to the generosity of our priests the blessing of our half-day retreats will continue on the SECOND SATURDAY of each month at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral. We continue to invite different priests to lead us. Free will offering. Coffee - 9:30 am - First meditation: 9:45 –Second Meditation: 10:45. Reconciliation will be available prior to the 12:10 p.m. mass. The next retreat will be on Saturday, September 10. Use the 5th Avenue Entrance. For more information, call Donna at (306) 341-9444 if you have any questions.
* Contemplative Mass led by Fr. Kevin McGee, will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 2 at St. Augustine Church, 602 Boychuk Dr. The rhythm of the Contemplative Mass is a gentle, steady flow, marked by 20 minutes of silence after Communion. It is designated to allow space for reflection and recognition of the intimate presence of Christ who comes to us through scripture and the Eucharist. Silence within this form of worship can feel uncomfortable or awkward, especially when experienced for the first time. We encourage you to relax and rest in the abiding presence of Christ.
* Fifth Annual Pure Witness Fundraiser Garage Sale is coming up August 25, 26, & 27 at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, 12th Street and Wiggins Avenue, Saskatoon. GOT STUFF? We can use it! Any items are gratefully accepted! This fundraiser has been successful in helping cover the cost of training for the Pure Witness Team as they begin ministry in the fall. Contact us for information on dropping off your donations, or if you have questions or need to have items picked up, call Lucille at (306) 491-1163. Thank you for your support of Pure Witness Ministries!
* Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Each session looks at a different question, and is designed to create conversation. There’s no pressure, no follow-up and no charge; it’s just an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. Alpha Saskatoon invites you to sign up for the Alpha program at a local church this fall.
- Try Alpha, https://www.alphacanada.org/try - Find out more about Alpha and attending as a guest.
- Run Alpha, https://www.alphacanada.org/run - Find out more about hosting your own Alpha, preview the videos, and find training information.
- Alpha in a Catholic Context, www.alphacanada.org/alpha-for-catholics
Contact Nick Jesson at the Catholic Centre in Saskatoon for more details; e-mail jesson [at] ecumenism.net or phone 306-659-5814
* 17th Annual Pilgrimage at the Pro-Life Millennium Cross will be held Sunday, August 28, beginning at 3:00 p.m. , sponsored by the Knights of Columbus. Location: 10 km N.E. of Aberdeen, SK on Highway #41. Keynote Speaker: Cathay Wagantall, M.P., Yorkton-Melville on her proposed Bill C-225/e-183 for "Protection of Pregnant Women and their Unborn Children Act" - referred to as “Cassie and Molly's Law.” Guest Speaker: Rev. Father Jeffrey Stephaniuk, Editor of “Saskatchewan Choose Life News.” A Living Rosary is celebrated along with other prayers. Visit the Pro-Life information tables. Free will offering for hot dogs and drinks. Bring your rosary and chairs. “Praying for the Sanctity of Life" . . . Keep Life Sacred!”
* DCG and Child & Youth Friendly Saskatoon present 2016 Youth in Philanthropy Workshop & Pitch Party for youth participants who are registered in grades 9-12 this fall. This workshop will be held at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, Saturday mornings, Sept. 24-Nov. 5, with the Pitch Party scheduled for Nov. 26. During this unique opportunity, participants will explore the needs in our community, investigate local charities and non-profit organizations, be matched with a charity that aligns with a cause they are passionate about, and discover how to create a pitch for their cause. Participants will meet local philanthropists and community leaders, learn valuable presentation skills and pitch their cause to a panel of funders. This is a chance to be rewarded with real dollars to present to a chosen charity and have fun while making a difference in the community. Applications for this free workshop are available at www.dcgsk.com Space is limited!
* Lay Formation presents A Gospel Series at Queen’s House Retreat and Renewal Centre, 601 Taylor Street West in Saskatoon from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on four Saturdays, Sept. 10, Oct. 1, Nov. 5 and Dec. 3. Come as you are and experience the Gospels coming alive in these Lay Formation sessions that include a lecture, journaling and discussion. Bring your Bible. Cost is $40 for the day, with lunch included. Please register with Queen’s House at (306) 242-1916 at least a week before, or pre-pay for all four gospels for only $140. Sessions include the Gospel of Mark with Gisele Bauche on Sept. 10; the Gospel of Matthew with Sr. Audrey Gerwing, NDS, on Oct. 1; the Gospel of Luke with Fr. Paul Fachet, OMI, on Nov. 5; and the Gospel of John with Gisele Bauche on Dec. 3. For more information contact Mona Goodman at the Catholic Centre in Saskatoon: layform [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com or (306) 659-5846.
200 Years of Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. Please join us in celebrating the 200th Anniversary of our Congregation on Friday, Oct. 21, at St. Francis Xavier Parish (222 Willow St., Saskatoon) Eucharist will be at 7:00 p.m.. Bishop Donald Bolen will be presiding with Fr. Ken Forster, Provincial for the Province of OMI Lacombe, Canada as the Homilist. A wine and cheese celebration will follow. All are welcome to attend.
Our Common Home: As Long as the Rivers Flow public symposium will be held 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, October 22 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. Using the central insights of Pope Francis’ encyclical, Laudato Si’, this day-long symposium will begin to explore implications for such areas as Treaty Rights, the use of water and other natural resources in Saskatchewan, concerns regarding mining development, implementation of TRC recommendations, attitudes and decisions affecting refugees and other immigrants, and - above all - the interplay among these diverse areas, locally and beyond. Keynote speakers include Bishop Donald Bolen, Lyndon Linklater of the Office of the Treaty Commissioner, Bert Pitzel of the Archdiocese of Regina and Saskatchewan author Trevor Herriot. Cost $50/person. Register at receptionist [at] queenshouse.org call Jim at (306) 220-1504 for more info, or visit www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com events calendar.
* Foundations series of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon presents Christian Study of Islam: An Introduction, a 5-evening course to be offered, this fall, to Catholics and fellow-Christians at Holy Family Cathedral, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon, on Tuesday evenings at 7 p.m.: Oct. 18, Oct. 25, Nov. 1, Nov. 8 (at mosque) and Nov. 15. This is a pioneering course in our region of western Canada. It will be led by Sr. Phyllis Kapuscinski, NDS, Fr. Colin Clay (Anglican) and Fr. Bernard de Margerie (Roman Catholic). Muslim presenters will also participate. Pre-registration is recommended, at the Foundations: Exploring Our Faith Together diocesan office, Attn. Sharon Powell, at (306) 659-5831. A brief course description will be e-mailed to those who would like to receive it -- please contact Fr. Bernard de Margerie at (306) 651-7051; e-mail address: jumeau [at] shaw.ca
Search Retreat for ages 15-18 will be held Oct. 21-23 in Saskatoon - Where will your Search lead you? Search for Christian maturity: come find out who you are and know you are not alone. This is a chance to grow in relationship with Christ and one another. Runs from 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 at Bishop Mahoney High School. Deadline to register is Monday, Oct. 3; cost is $35 (includes accommodation and all meals.). All participants must be pre-registered, with applications accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Register online at www.saskatoonsearch.ca
* Stress in Your Marriage? Retrouvaille is a program for married couples that feel bored, disillusioned, frustrated, or angry in their marriage. Some experience coldness. Others experience conflict in their relationship. Most don’t know how to change the situation or even communicate with their spouse about it. Retrouvaille can help. For confidential information about or to register for the September 16-18, 2016 weekend in Saskatoon, call Wendy or Fritz at (306) 652-7155 or email: retrouvaille [at] sasktel.net
* From Mourning to Dawn, the diocesan grief support group for widows and widowers is hosting their fall session, beginning on Sept 20, 2016. Facilitators, who have experienced the loss of their marriage partner, engage with participants on an 8-week journey of transformation and healing, offering support and encouragement for bereaved spouses. This program is open to participants who have been widows/widowers between 2 months and 2 years. Sessions are held on 8 consecutive Tuesdays, beginning Sept 20, 2016 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at the Cathedral of the Holy Family (123 Nelson Road). The cost is $35. For more information or to register, please contact Elan at 306-679-7717 or email at cic.elan [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* Are you experiencing the pain of separation or divorce? You are not alone! Transitions is a 12-week diocesan program for anyone going through this painful experience. It helps participants to heal and find hope. A new 12-week session will begin September 20th. For more information or to register, contact Sharon at (306) 659-5831 or e-mail foundations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com Participants have told us that the best way to experience the healing journey of Transitions is to undertake it as a weekly program over 12 weeks, giving time to process and absorb the material, reflect, and undergo transformation. However, for some, a weekly journey is impossible (because of distance, job commitments, etc.) Therefore, this fall, Transitions will also be offered over two weekends, rather than over 12 weeks. For those who cannot make the weekly program, Transitions will be presented Sept.30/Oct. 1 and Oct. 21/22 (Friday evening; all day Saturday). Contact Sharon at 306-659-5831 or by e-mail: foundations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* The Lay Formation Alumni Association presents: ‘Sharing Our Stories, Sharing Our Lives’, featuring Father André Poilièvre, Stan Tu’inukuafe and members of Str8up Ministries (a grassroots gang recovery program in our community) on October 15th from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. The cost is $35 for non-alumni members, $30 for Parish Pastoral Council members, Social Justice Committee members and Lay Formation Alumni. This event will take place at the Cathedral of the Holy Family. Registration deadline is Monday, Oct. 10. To register and for more information, please visit www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/programs/lay-formation/register-layformation or call Gladys McElwee at 306-373-5434.
Pope Francis has declared an Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy this year: “We are called to show mercy because mercy has first been shown to us. Pardoning offenses becomes the clearest expression of merciful love, and for us Christians it is imperative from which we cannot excuse ourselves.” - (Pope Francis, Misericordiae Vultus 9).
Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia - Think About It: Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia
Think About It - The legalization of assisted suicide could lead to the natural process of dying being recast as a process to be avoided. This could lead to pressuring patients or their families to choose a hastened death as a cost-saving measure.
ORGAN (with bench) FOR FREE - Hammond Romance 126; 2-level keyboard with electronics rhythm section and various instrument features ; Peddles; ‘How to books’. Please call (306) 249-1061
Registration for St. Thomas More Classes - Saskatoon’s only Catholic liberal arts college, St. Thomas More College, is open to all University of Saskatchewan students – either in Arts and Science or wishing to complement their degree with electives chosen from the over 230 offerings. Experience the benefits of smaller class sizes with award-winning faculty, encouraging creative and critical thinking. A reminder that registration has begun, so please check out STM courses available through our website stmcollege.ca with specific class listings found on ‘Classes and Programs.’ For further information or academic assistance call (306) 966-8900.
* The 11th annual Compassionate Healers Mass is being held on Tuesday October 11 at 7:00 p.m., at St. Francis Xavier Parish, 222 Willow Street (at Melrose Avenue), Saskatoon. Presider and Homilist is Bishop Donald Bolen. Refreshments will follow. Coming together as one community this special invitation is extended to: Medical Personnel, Spiritual Care, Volunteers, Parish Nurses, Men and Women Religious in Health Care Ministry, Ministry of Care Volunteers in Parishes and Health Care Facilities and Family Caregivers, Medical and Healthcare Students. This Mass invites all to be re-energized in our professional and personal dedication and in our faith. Bound by common beliefs, we share in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ throughout the Diocese.
Mark your calendars for October 20-21, 2016 for the 73rd CHAS Conference, held at the Heritage Inn in Moose Jaw. This year’s theme is ‘HOPE FLOATS Serving in Health Care as People of Faith.' Keynote speakers will be Dr. David Kuhl, PhD and Archbishop Emeritus Sylvain Lavoie. Contact 306-655-5330, cath.health [at] sasktel.net or visit www.chassk.ca for more information.
Calling All Sionians
* If you attended Our Lady of Sion Academy between 1962 and 1966, our 50th Anniversary Class Reunion is this summer on September 10, joining all former Sionians at the Annual Alumnae Brunch at Smiley’s Buffet on Sunday, Sept 11 from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. For more information contact: Sharon Murza (Cooper) at 306-651-6323, Terry Miley (Chrusch) at 306-651-3133 or Donna Darbellay (Wraith) at 306-665-2003.
* The Western Conference for Liturgy (WCL) presents: Those Who Sing Pray Twice: A Second Glance at Chant in the Liturgy, an opportunity to discover the soul and the “beauty ever ancient, ever new” of the sung liturgy. Held Friday, Oct. 21-Saturday, Oct. 22, at Corpus Christi Church, 2707 34th St. NW, Edmonton. The presenter, Lowell A. Davis, is the founder and conductor of the St. Basil’s School of Gregorian Chant (http://chantschool.org/directors). Participants will learn: the basic skills to introduce or enhance chant in pastoral liturgy, a ‘canon’ of classical chant repertoire, English Propers, a chant Mass ordinary and the Roman Missal Dialogues. For further information on fees, registration, conference schedule and hotel accommodation, please visit https://wclcanada.wordpress.com
Save the date! Newman Centre willing be having an Anniversary coffeehouse, celebrating 90 years of Newman on the University of Saskatchewan campus, on Saturday, Sept. 17 in the STM Auditorium. If you are interested in more details, please contact Michael in St. Thomas More Campus Ministry at 306-966-8931.
Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation asks: Do You Have An E-Mail Address?
Pope Francis, in his encyclical Laudato Si' calls us to care for creation, human ecology, and natural ecology. How can we be a part of caring for our common home? One small way is to help the Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation to reduce the use of paper and the cost of printing and mailing. By providing us with your email address we can email your annual tax receipt; send you thank you messages for your generosity; and share key messages from Bishop Don Bolen. If you are interested, please e-mail your name and address to hzimmer [at] dscatholicfoundation.ca (please note corrected e-mail address!) or call 306-659-5850
There will once again be Summer Masses held at the Holy Rosary Shrine Church at Reward, Saskatchewan. Masses will be celebrated on the following dates:
Saturday, August 27 - 7:30 p.m. Mass
Saturday, September 10 - 7:30 pm Mass
Please note that Saturday Evening Masses will not be celebrated at St. Peter’s Parish in Unity, SK. on those dates.
Queen’s House of Retreats – Upcoming events
Queen’s House - 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon, SK. Phone: 306-242-1916 • Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org • Website: www.queenshouse.org
Ongoing programs at Queen’s House include:
- CENTERING PRAYER: Monday evenings - 7pm
- HOLY EUCHARIST: Wednesday afternoons - call to confirm time – all are welcome!
- PERSONAL DAY(S) OF PRIVATE PRAYER: Book anytime
- TAIZE PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY 2nd Tuesday/month - 8 pm, beginning Sept. 13
- DAY AWAY – Gisele Bauche - 2nd Wednesday each month - $25 includes lunch – September 14
- 24 HOUR EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: 4th Monday/month, from 12:00 noon to Tuesday 12:00 noon (Aug. 29-30)
- Knights of Columbus Brothers Keeper Breakfast: 2nd Tuesday/month 7 a.m. beginning Sept. 13th
- JOURNEY WITH SCRIPTURE: 1st Wed. Fr Paul Fachet- $25 includes lunch–– beginning October 5
SPIRITUAL FORMATION DAYS: as part of Spiritual Direction Formation
Times: Saturdays from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
Cost: $40 per session includes registration, refreshments and lunch.
Beginning: Sept. 17 ART AS SPIRITUAL EXPRESSION: with Gisele Bauche
INNER PEACE in DIVINE LOVE: A Spiritual Retreat in Daily Life: with Dianne Mantyka, M.Div.
When: September 18, 22, 29 and October 6 & 16 from 6:30 – 9:30 pm.
Cost: $225 (limited enrollment – 8
* CONTEMPLATIVE and MYSTICAL POWERS: with Linda Labelle
When: Tuesdays – September 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18 and 25 from 7:00-9:00 pm.
* UNDERSTANDING CODEPENDENCY: Living into Healthy & Loving Relationships
With: Kim Morrison, PhD
When: Friday, September 23 from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: $55.00 – includes lunch
* MOVING TO HIGHER GROUND: Growing Together in Reconciliation & Love With: Marie-Louise Ternier-Gommers M.Div.When: Saturdays, September 24, October 29 and December 3 from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm with lunch and Thursdays, October 6, 20, November 10, 24 from 7:00 to 9:15 pm.Cost: $285 (Space in limited and ideally participants can attend all sessions)
JOY THROUGH MOVEMENT – T’AI CHI CHIH: with Donna Aldous
When: Friday, October 7th and Saturday, October 8th from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Cost: Commuter is $100 / Live-in is $160 which adds Bed and Breakfast.
* THE HOLY YEAR OF MERCY: with Bishop Gerry Wiesner OMI
When: Wednesdays from 7:00 to 8:00 pm on October 19, 26 & November 2
Cost: by donation at the door
* ICON WORKSHOP SERIES: with Anna Mycyk & Gisele Bauche
2016: October 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Cost: $175 / 8 classes plus $110 to $125 for the gesso wood panel board.
Includes: materials, pigments, 23 kt gold leaf on bole
To register: Contact Gisele at email: gbauche [at] sasktel.net
HOLY SCRIPTURE; HOLY LIVES: Bible Study for Busy People: with Gisele Bauche
Come for one, some or all sessions.
When: October 25, November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 from 10 am to noon and repeated from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
TRANSITIONS: Your Journey of Transformation through Grief and Loss:
With: Sarah Donnelly. (Call Sarah at 306-717-3707 for more information & to register)
When: Thursday October 27 at 7:00 pm through Sunday, October 30 at 1:00 pm
Cost: $390 (live in includes program, bedroom, meals)
CELEBRATING YOUR CREATIVE SPIRIT: A Retreat for Artists: with Gisele Bauche
When: Saturday, October 29 from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Cost: $55 – includes lunch
All of the above programs are held at Queen’s House - 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon, SK. Phone: 306-242-1916 • Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org • Website: www.queenshouse.org
PILGRIM JOURNEYS during the Four Seasons of 2017
A) Winter 2017
- Spotlight on San Antonio + Rolheiser Rendez-vous Feb 19-24, 2017 Land: @C$1750.00 + Air
- Pre San Antonio- Spotlight on New Orleans “Heart of the South” Tour Feb 12-19, 2017 Land: C$2119.00
B) Spring 2017 Easter time
- Pilgrim Journey to Biblical Lands April 23-May 9, 2017 Complete Israel & Jordan
- Pre Holy Land to Rome April 19-24
- Post Holy Land Amman to Istanbul, Turkey May 9-12, 2017
**All inclusive cost depending on inclusions C$4000.00-C$6000.00
C) Early & Late Summer 2017
- North Atlantic Medley “New York’s Broadway to London’s West End” Cruise I- New York, Boston, Halifax to Reykjavik Iceland Crystal Symphony (All Inclusive) May 19-31, 2017 12 Days from US$2,695.00 **Special repositioning to Europe fares**
- Cruise II-Reykjavik Iceland to London via isles of Demark, Scotland & Ireland. (Cruise I & II offers 5 days in Icelandic ports!) Crystal Symphony May 31-Jun 10, 2017 10 Days from US$4,625.00
**Special Back to Back cruise discount (5%) offering 5 days in Iceland ports. See www.crystalcruises.com
- River Cruise-Best of Paris, Seine River & Normandy- Paris, Honfleur, Rouen, Vernon Crystal Debussy June 14-24, 2017; (10 Days) from US $5665.00
D) Fall 2017
- Discovering Poland 10 Days Land Tour from C$2,779.00 August 31-Sept 11, 2017.
- Optional Post-Poland tour - River Cruise of Danube’s Capitals & Wachau Valley (Oktoberfest) - Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Round trip Vienna on Crystal Mozart Sept 13-23, 2017 from US $5345.00
- Canada 150 10 Days Land Tour Oct 3-15, 2017 celebrating 150 Anniversary of Confederation featuring historic destinations in Eastern Canada with a stop-over in Winnipeg for the new National Museum on Human Rights from C$2989.00.
***Final programs depend on inclusions requested by you! Air is not included.
Rev. Ralph Kleiter Ministry to Tourism 314-619 Saskatchewan Cres. W Saskatoon, SK S7M 0A5, Canada, email: kleiter [at] shaw.ca | www.pilgrimjourneys.ca tel. +1-306-244-3747 | fax. +1-306-374-1208
The following announcement requests come from groups outside of our Catholic ministry partners in the diocese. As always, the parish Pastor and Parish Life Director are invited to make all publication decisions regarding their particular parish community.
Palliative Care Walk of Memories – On Sunday, Aug. 28 everyone is invited to participate in the annual Palliative Care Walk of Memories to remember loved ones who have died and to support Palliative Care Services. The Walk offers an opportunity to connect with others who have experienced the loss of a loved ones. There is no cost to participate. Shuttle service is available between sites. The walk is from Kiwanis Memorial Park North at Spadina Crescent and 22nd Street East (the Bessborough outdoor skating rink site) to the Edwards Family Centre at 333-4th Avenue North in Saskatoon. Gathering time is 1:30 p.m. Aug. 28, with the walk beginning at 2 p.m. and a time for refreshments at 3 p.. For more information, please call 306-655-4346.