We pray as a diocesan family that the Holy Spirit will touch Christians throughout the world, igniting new zeal among followers of Jesus Christ, along with a renewed commitment to Christian unity. We pray to the Lord…
* Retrouvaille AGM will be held at 7:15 pm on Saturday, June 13 at St. Philip’s Church, Munroe Avenue and Taylor Street, Saskatoon. Please attend to hear about our past year and to meet our new coordinators, Anthony McCarthy and Anastasia Winterhalt.
Italy in August - Pilgrimage to Italy from August 27 to September 7. We will be visiting Padua, Forli, Florence, Siena, Orvieto, Assisi, Lanciano, San Giovanna Rotondo, Naples, Monte Casino, Netunno and Rome. Daily Mass and Spiritual exercies lead by Fr. Pius Schroh, Pastor of Saint Paul’s Co-Cathedral. To book your place and for full itinerary call: Gospa tours at 1-888-261-0781.
* Alliance For Life AGM will be held 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 2nd 2015 in St Joseph’s Lower Hall, 8th Street East at Broadway Avenue, Saskatoon. We will have guest speaker Marilyn Jackson from Options Pregnancy Centre. Refreshments will be served and all are welcomed. Alliance for Life is looking for more board members to join – if you are passionate about prolife and want to get more involved, please contact Elaine at 306-229-3557 for more information.
* The next L'Arche Prayer Nights will be held at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27 and Wednesday, June 10 at Christopher House, 503 Christopher Lane, Saskatoon. We have tea and cookies afterwards, and everyone is welcome.
* Lay Formation Missioning in the diocese of Saskatoon will be celebrated 2:30 p.m. Sunday, June 7 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family in Saskatoon, with Bishop Don Bolen presiding at celebration of the Eucharist. An Eparchy missioning celebration will also be held the day before, at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 6 at Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Saskatoon.
* Lay Formation – Apply today! Applications are now being accepted for the Lay Formation program starting in September. Are you longing to deepen your relationship with God? Do you want to enrich your prayer life and grow as a member of a Christian community? Are you hungry to learn more about your faith? Consider Lay Formation! Held one weekend a month in Saskatoon from September to June. To apply, call (306) 659-5847 or e-mail: layform [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com or see: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/layformation
* Abbot Peter 25th Anniversary Celebration
Abbot Peter will be recognized on Saturday, June 6 on his 25th anniversary as abbot of St. Peter's Abbey. As well, he will be marking his 51st year as a monk and 45th year as a priest.
A come and go tea will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., with a program beginning at 3 p.m., in St. Peter's College Gymnasium across from the college building at St. Peter’s Abbey in Muenster, SK.
* St. Donatus Parish, 100th Anniversary, June 20, 2015, Mass at 4:00 p.m., supper at 6:00 p.m. Socializing to follow. Supper tickets are available for $20. Deadline for tickets is May 31, 2015. Tickets can be purchased by calling Michele Kohlman at 306-753-2664 or by email: mkohlman [at] sasktel.net
* Cedar branches - The diocesan Restorative Ministry office is looking for cedar cuttings for use in traditional ceremonies at the prison. If you are trimming cedar trees, please consider bringing "bouquets" of cedar branches to Dianne Anderson at the Catholic Pastoral Centre, 2nd Floor of the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon, which is open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed over the noon hour.)
* Contemplative Mass will be led by Fr. Kevin McGee, Friday, June 5th at 7 p.m. at St. Augustine Church, 602 Boychuk Drive, Saskatoon. All are welcome.
St. Thomas More Chapel on the University of Saskatchewan Campus will hold its last Sunday mass for this Academic Year on Sunday, June 28th. After breaking for summer, Sunday Masses at 11 am will resume on August 30, 2015, and Sunday Masses at 5 pm will resume September 13th. STM will continue to host the African Catholic Community for mass in the STM chapel at 2 pm, on the first Sunday of every month, including July and August.
Stress in Your Marriage? Retrouvaille is a program for married couples that feel bored, disillusioned, frustrated, or angry in their marriage. Some experience coldness. Others experience conflict in their relationship. Most don’t know how to change the situation or even communicate with their spouse about it. Retrouvaille can help. For confidential information about or to register for the September 18-20, 2015 weekend in Saskatoon, call Wendy or Fritz at (306) 652-7155 or email: retrouvaille [at] sasktel.net
The Archdiocese of Montreal is looking to hire an Associate Director, Office for English Pastoral Services
The Associate Director is the chief operating officer of the Office for English Pastoral Services (OEPS). As such, the Associate Director:
• Reports directly to the Director of the OEPS
• Coordinates the implementation of pastoral initiatives for the English-speaking community
• Maintains links with pastoral personnel in the parishes, especially lay pastoral personnel
• Leads the staff of the OEPS in day-to-day affairs
• Responds to and follows up inquiries made to the OEPS, including serving as ombudsperson where necessary
• Develops and leads formation/training programs to support pastoral initiatives
The ideal candidate:
• Is a practicing Roman Catholic imbued with a spirituality of hope and trust in the providence of God and with a deep confidence in the magisterium and tradition of the Church
• Is eligible for a pastoral mandate according to the canon law of the Catholic Church
• Is fluent in English and French (other languages an asset)
• Has a strong knowledge of the English-speaking sector of the Archdiocese
• Has practical knowledge of parish life and work
• Is able to relate pastorally to people, including praying with people and leading them in prayer
• Maintains confidentiality with complete discretion
• Has strong organizational and communication skills
• Possesses a solid background in Roman Catholic theology and doctrine (pastoral theology an asset)
• Has a car and a driver's licence
• Is able to creatively use office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access) with an ability to rapidly "pick up" new skills in this area
• Can be flexible with work hours (e.g. evening and weekend work when required)
This is a full-time position (5 days per week). It is open to both clergy and lay people. Deadline for applications: June 1, 2015.
Interested candidates should send a complete curriculum vitae (including references) to: Bishop Thomas Dowd, 2000 Sherbrooke ouest, Montréal (Québec) H3H 1G4, Email: oeps [at] diocesemontreal.org
Year of Consecrated Life –– “The consecrated life inspires and accompanies the spread of evangelization in the different parts of the world, where Institutes from abroad are gratefully welcomed and new ones are being founded, in a great variety of forms and expressions. Consequently, although in some parts of the world Institutes of Consecrated Life seem to be experiencing a period of difficulty, in other places they are prospering with remarkable vitality. This shows that the choice of total self-giving to God in Christ is in no way incompatible with any human culture or historical situation.” —Pope John Paul II, Apostolic Exhortation Vita Consecrata, no. 2
Find testimonies and vocation stories about Consecrated Life on the diocesan website: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/year-consecrated-life
* STEWARDSHIP CORNER: Pentecost, May 24, 2015
St. Paul reminds us today that all of our gifts (spiritual, physical, emotional, financial) have their source in the Holy Spirit and that those gifts are given for the common good. What gifts are mine to share?
To find out more about stewardship, contact Jocelyne Hamoline, Personal Giving Coordinator, Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation, e-mail: jhamoline [at] dscatholicfoundation.ca or phone: (306) 659-5849 or see: www.dscatholicfoundation.ca/parish-stewardship-resources
ANNOUNCEMENTS CONTINUING FROM LAST WEEK:
* The Sisters of the Presentation of Mary have a house on Pells Drive, a quick fifteen or twenty minute walk to the University of Regina. We welcome young women who are looking for room and board. Residents have enjoyed our meals, our company, our support and a place that responds to their need for quiet and study. For more information please contact: Sister Emma Rousseau, 5 Pells Drive, Regina, Sk S4S 4S8. Phone: (306) 584-3652. E-mail: erousseau03 [at] gmail.com
* Parish Nursing Conference – A Canadian Association of Parish Nurse Ministry (CAPNM) Conference will be held June 11-14, 2015, at Queen's House of Retreats, 601 Taylor Street W., Saskatoon. The theme is “Ethnic Diversity - Mirror of God's Creativity.” Please join us for either the whole conference; or individual keynote and plenary speakers; or celebrate “flavourful” diversity at the banquet Saturday, June 13 at Prairieland Park in Saskatoon featuring speaker Megan McKenna. For further information or to register for the Canadian Assoication of Parish Nurse Ministry conference, e-mail p.nursing [at] sasktel.net or call Elaine Hesje at 306-652-4524, Sr. Carol Borreson at 306-244-2983, or Deb Bauche or Carol Kostiuk, or Ethna Martin at 306-343-0325. Check out the 2015 conference flyer on the website at: www.capnm.ca (Guest speakers include theologian Megan McKenna, Bishop Emeritus Sylvian Lavoie, OMI, Fr. Patrick Ampani, Rev. Ali Tote, and ethicist Fr. Mark Miller, CSsR).
NEW HALL FOR RENT – Sts-Martyrs-Canadiens Parish, situated at 1007 Windsor Street, in North Park in Saskatoon, has a NEW HALL to rent for various occasions: conferences, meetings, weddings, parties, etc., big or small. The hall is fully furnished with banquet chairs and round tables. CAPACITY: 260. For more information or for rental, please contact Muriel at: 306-665-1829 or at smc [at] sasktel.net
Nun Run 2015 - Have you ever wondered what it’s like to live in a religious community? Nun Run 2015 is an opportunity for young women to travel together from August 17-28, visiting various women’s religious communities in Saskatchewan and Alberta for 1-2 days each. The experience is aimed to offer a sample of what religious life looks like in different communities. Katherine Scott is assisting the diocese in coordinating this project and is looking for 4-5 companions to travel with her. The cost is $150 each. A formation event will take place prior to for all interested participants. To find out more ,please contact Myron Rogal at 306-659-5841 or vocations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* GIANT Garage Sale! St. Patrick Parish is holding a garage sale on Thursday May 28 and Friday May 29 from 5 pm to 8 pm, and Saturday May 30 from 8 am to 4 pm, at St. Patrick Parish, 3339 Centennial Drive, Saskatoon. There will be a concession on site, along with a pancake and sausage breakfast on Saturday morning, May 30 and a bake sale all day on Saturday, May 30. Proceeds from the Garage Sale will go to the “All of Us Campaign” which helps with the needs of the parish community. For more details, check out: www.facebook.com/StPatrickParishSaskatoon
* Faith-based community experience for 19-35 year old single Catholic women. If you are looking for “affordable rent” and more…. Discernment House may be the place for you. The Sisters of the Presentation offer you a home away from home. As you work or study, this program offers you the opportunity to live a community experience and to grow in your personal faith through prayer, reflection, spiritual direction and service. Located at 851 University Drive, Saskatoon, Sask., a 15-minute walk from University of Saskatchewan, close to downtown. Taking registrations for September 2015. For more information contact : Sr. Lucie Hamel at (306) 244-0726 or e-mail: sk.dhouse [at] gmail.com or visit the website at: www.presentationofmary.ca
Upcoming Queen’s House Events:
* “Is Anyone Ever Really Single? The Call to Authentic Sexuality” – This series is being offered by teleconference June 15-17 in conjunction with Fr. Ron Rolheiser and the Oblate School of Theology. Participants are invited to Queen’s House. 601 Taylor St. W., Saskatoon for any or all of the presentations. Following each talk broadcast, there will be an opportunity to discuss and share insights and learning with each other.
SCHEDULE for televised talks at Queen’s House:
- Monday, June 15, 6:00 p.m. - Dr. Richard Gaillardetz:“Sex and the City”: Re-Imagining Sexuality in a Post-Modern World”
- Tuesday, June 16, 8:15 a.m. - Dr. Richard Gaillardetz:“Crazy, Stupid, Love: The Call to Appropriate Vulnerability”
- Tuesday, June 16, 12:30 p.m. - Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI -Plenary Session Presentation
- Tuesday, June 16, 6:00 p.m. - Dr. Richard Gaillardetz:“Perilous Vows: Sexuality within the Christian Life-Forms of Marriage and Celibacy”
- Wednesday, June 17, 8:15 a.m. - Dr. Donna Freitas:“Sex and the Soul: Putting the Meaning Back into Sex for the Hookup Generation”
- Wednesday, June 17, 6:00 p.m. - Dr. Donna Freitas:“Finding New Doorways into the Christian Conversation about Sex and Sexual Assault”
Register for this opportunity by contacting Queen’s House reception by phone: 306-242-1916 or by email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org or refer to this link for details and to register: http://www.queenshouse.org/?page_id=2399
Cost is $10/session.
To Register for these following events, call 306-242-1916 or email receptionist [at] queenshouse.org.
SCRIPTURAL THEMES FOR SENIORS & FRIENDS: EMPIRE - Facilitator: Rev. Dr. Vern Ratzlaff
Thursday, May 28, 2:00 - 3:30pm Cost: $10 session or $40 for all, if you can pay.
Embedded in the scriptural texts are political and cultural perspectives that help interpret the biblical texts better for our time. This course will identify these strands and see the implication for our own time. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
* TRANSITIONS: YOUR JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION THROUGH GRIEF AND LOSS
Facilitator: Sarah Donnelly - Thursday May 28, 7:00pm – Sunday May 31, lunch. Cost: $390 (live-in) This retreat will provide insight, hope and prayerful support as participants journey through the painful times of grief and loss in their life. Maximum 12 participants. This retreat repeats next October 22 - 25. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org Website: www.queenshouse.org
ICONOGRAPHY workshop - Facilitators Anna Mycyk and Gisele Bauche 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, from May 25 to May 29, at Queen’s House of Retreat and Renewal. Cost: live-in $540/Commute $450 (includes lunches). Includes materials, pigments, 23kt gold leaf on bole. Participants are responsible for supplying brushes, icon boards (available at Queen’s House). Participants do not need a background in art or in theology. Register before April 15, 2015, as enrolment is limited. An icon is like a window into eternity. This workshop will introduce participants to the ancient Christian tradition of icon writing. During this 5-day workshop, through prayer and contemplation, you will learn the technique of writing an icon. Using a gesso wood panel board, egg tempera, natural pigments and gilding with gold leaf, you will write your own icon. There will be daily prayer, demonstrations, theological reflections and group sharing. The prototype that will be written The Mother of God. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org Website: www.queenshouse.org
T`AI CHI CHIH JOY THROUGH MOVEMENT: Friday June 19 or Saturday June 20 at Queen’s House of Retreats in Saskatoon, from 9:30 am. – 3:30 pm. Includes lunch. Commuter cost is $80 / Live In cost is $140. Facilitator: Donna Aldous. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
EIGHT DAY SILENT DIRECTED RETREAT at Queen’s House in Saskatoon: Sunday June 28, 4:00pm - Sunday July 5, 3:00pm with Facilitators: Dianne Mantyka with Bishop Gerry Wiesner omi. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
DRAWING INTO GOD: UNLEASING YOUR CREATIVE SPIRIT: with Gisele Bauche Friday, July 10 (7:00 – 9:00 pm and Saturday, July 11 (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) at Queen’s House in Saskatoon. (includes lunch). Cost is $65. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
SUMMER STILLNESS 2015: SPIRITUALITY AND THE SEASONS OF OUR LIVES
From Monday July 13, 5:30pm - Thursday July 16, 1:00pm at Queen’s House in Saskatoon, with Facilitator: Fr. Ron Rolheiser omi. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
Queen’s House retreat: EUCHARIST: 7:00 – 9:00 pm Friday, July 17 and 9:00 am - 3:30 pm Saturday, July 18 at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor St. W, Saskatoon, presented by Marie-Louise Ternier-Gommers. Cost is $55. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
CENTERING PRAYER: Monday evenings - 7pm
HOLY EUCHARIST: Wednesdays, 3:00 pm (call to confirm time – all are warmly welcome!)
TAIZE PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY 2nd Tuesday/month - 8 pm June 9
DAY AWAY – Gisele Bauche - 2nd Wednesday each month, Sept. 9 - $25 includes lunch
24 HOUR EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: 4th Monday of the month – noon Monday to noon Tuesday
PERSONAL DAY(S) OF PRIVATE PRAYER: Book anytime
Blumenfeld Pilgrimage - Please join us in celebrating 100 years of pioneer perseverance. The day's activities will include a blessing of the cemetery, Parade of Banners/Shrine History, Rosary, Mass and supper, with the pilgrimage beginning at 10 a.m. Sunday, June 28, 2015 with registration and children's activities. Supper at 5 p.m. is included in the registration fee. Registration forms are at blumenfeldheritage.jigsy.com or call Kendra Volk at 306-666-2017 (please phone about late registrations.) The Blumenfeld Heritage Site is located 16 km South and 6 km East of Leader just off of Highway 21. Everyone is invited to attend the Mass at 3 p.m. - no registration is required for the Mass. Bishop Don Bolen is presider and homilist.
* Nepal Earthquake – The Canadian Catholic Conference of Bishops (CCCB) and Development and Peace have launched a joint campaign to respond to the emergency in Nepal. Contributions will be matched by the Canadian government until May 25, 2015. Donate online at www.devp.org or by phone at 1-888-664-3387; or by sending a cheque made out to Development and Peace (please indicate “Nepal Earthquake”) to Development and Peace, 1425 René-Lévesque Blvd. West 3rd Floor, Montreal, QC, H3G 1T7. Thank you for your generosity and prayers for the people of Nepal.
* Catholic Stewardship Conference “Stewards Radiating the Joy of the Gospel” will be held June 12-14 at the Calgary Telus Convention Centre, with inspiring keynote speakers Cardinal Thomas Collins and Bishop Robert Morneau. Anyone interested in deepening their understanding of and response to God’s call to stewardship is invited to attend. More info: www.wccsc.ca Pastors and Parish Pastoral Council members: please take note of this great opportunity!
*A Program in Ecumenical Studies and Formation will be held June 23-26, 2015 at Queen’s House of Retreats, Saskatoon. This accredited three-year program is dedicated to forming Christians in the theology, history and practice of ecumenism. This program is for all those who wish to increase their knowledge of the ecumenical movement for greater participation. It will be offered each year in Saskatoon during the final week of June. Students who complete all three years will receive a certificate in Ecumenical Studies and Formation from St. Andrew’s College and the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism. Registration fee: $350. For more information and registration form see the website: www.pcecumenism.ca or call (306) 653-1633.
NOTE: Bursaries are available for Catholic participants In the Ecumenical Studies and Formation program. For more information contact Nicholas Jesson at (306) 659-5814 or e-mail: jesson [at] ecumenism.net
* St. Aloysius Parish Steak Night Fundraiser will be held Friday May 29, 2015 Allan Parkland Hall, with Cocktails: 5:30 pm; Dinner: 6:30 pm. Dinner includes: Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread, Baked Potato and Dessert. Steak Supper Tickets are $25 each, Child's Hotdog Plate: $7 each. Balloon Fundraiser Prizes available to be won – $5/balloon. Supper Tickets available at: St. Aloysius Church, businesses in Allan. Call Anita: 306-257-4225 or Anne: 306-257-3578.
* Welcoming international priests to the diocese - All are invited to a diocesan Mass of Welcome for seven international priests arriving in our diocese in June. The Mass of Welcome, with Bishop Donald Bolen presiding, will be held 4 p.m. Sunday, June 21 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. The Mass will be followed by a reception, with an opportunity to meet each of the priests, who will minister in our diocese for a time, thanks to permission from their home dioceses or religious communities. Registration is not required for this event. Everyone is welcome.
Canadian Forum on Inter-Church Dialogues: June 22-23 - The Canadian Council of Churches will be holding a Forum on the Canadian Inter-Church Dialogues, June 22-23 in Saskatoon. Held in Conjunction with the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism's Program in Ecumenical Studies and Formation (June 23-26). The forum is a gathering for learning, sharing and fellowship for involved in or interested in ecumenical dialogue. Keynote speakers: Dr. Timothy George, Beeson Divinity School, Alabama & Dr. Donna Geernaert sc, Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax NS. For information and to register, see the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism website at http://pcecumenism.ca or call 306-653-1633. Accommodations available. Forum participants can also register for events during the Program in Ecumenical Studies and Formation (June 23-26).
* Volunteers are needed to visit those in hospital. "... I was sick and you visited me..." Matthew 25:36. If you feel a call to serve Jesus in the sick and the suffering, please consider applying as a volunteer in diocesan hospital chaplaincy offered at Saskatoon City Hospital and/or Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon. For more information call Céline Hudon in the diocesan Hospital Chaplaincy office at: (306) 292-5531.
* The 50th anniversary of ordination for Father Denis Phaneuf will be celebrated with a come and go tea on Sunday, May 31st from 2-5 p.m. in the Bishop Mahoney Hall at St. Paul's Co-Cathedral in Saskatoon. Bishop Donald Bolen will be present at 3:30 p.m. to offer a special episcopal prayer for the fiftieth anniversary of the holy ordination to the priesthood. Everyone welcome. No gifts please. Your attendance and prayers are your gift.
* 50th Anniversary of Ordination celebrations will be held for Msgr. Raymond Senger in both Saskatoon and in Tramping Lake. The Saskatoon celebration will be held Saturday, June 6 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, beginning with Mass at 11 a.m. with Bishop Donald Bolen, and a tea from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Tickets for a 5 p.m. anniversary dinner at Holy Family Cathedral June 6 are $25. Contact Erla at (306) 931-7328.) The celebration at Tramping Lake begins 4 p.m. Monday, June 8 with Mass at St. Michael’s parish, followed by dinner at Tramping Lake Community Hall, $15 each. Call Chris at (306) 755-2174.
* Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults:
WCC 2015 - Rites of the RCIA Presented by Team RCIA June 5-6, 2015 in Saskatoon
The Western Conference of the Catechumenate presents “Rites of the RCIA,” June 5-6 at Holy Spirit Parish in Saskatoon. Speakers are Nick Wagner and Diana Macalintal of Team RCIA. To mark the 25th anniversary of the WCC, the 2015 conference is being offered at a special rate of $99. Join us in celebrating 25 years of forming the RCIA ministry in Western Canada!
Learn more about:
• How to prepare the assembly for full, conscious, and active participation in the rites
• How to apply the 12 liturgical principles and the four elements every liturgy requires
• How to catechize directly from the rites
• When to adapt the rites and when to follow the book
Schedule: • 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, June 5 (includes a wine and cheese social) • 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, June 6 (includes a business meeting over lunch)
Register online at: http://western-catechumenate.blogspot.ca or contact Michelle at (306) 358-2057 or cic.michelle [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* Blackstrap Youth Camp invites youth ages 8 - 13 years to a rocking summer experience. The camp runs weekly from Sunday to Friday, July 5 - 10, Jul 12 - 17, July 19 - 24, July 26 - 31, and August 2 - 7. We have fun activities such as: canoeing, tenting, arts and crafts, praise and worship, swimming, camp out, variety night, mud pit and dance. Apply online: www.blackstrapyouthcamp.org or call us at 306-934-1838.
* Blackstrap Youth Camp is attempting to build a fund to allow underprivileged youth to be able to attend Camp. Tax-receipted donations can be made through our website, www.blackstrapyouthcamp.org or through our crowdfunding campaign at: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/summer-camp-for-underprivileged-youth. Crowdfunding works only if you spread the word far and wide! Share to your Facebook, Twitter and email contacts. Thank you!
Assisted Suicide - Resources, information and postcards to print and send to federal government officials asking for action on the recent Supreme Court ruling on Assisted Suicide are posted on the diocesan website at: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/office-justice-and-peace-0 or for more information, contact Myron Rogal at (306) 659-5841.
Catholic Engaged Encounter in Lumsden - Getting married? Want a weekend away to focus on your relationship? “A Wedding is a Day, a Marriage is a Lifetime.” Catholic Engaged Encounter uses a tried and true method of marriage preparation that has been successful for over 30 years and gained approval from the Vatican and hundreds of dioceses throughout the world. Regina CEE has openings in our upcoming weekends. Dates in Lumsden include: June 19-21, 2015; November 13-15, 2015. For more information please call Kim and Vance Weber at 306-698-2466, or go to www.ceewest.com
The following announcement requests come from groups outside of our Catholic ministry partners in the diocese. As always, the parish Pastor and Parish Life Director are invited to make all publication decisions regarding their particular parish communities
ONE ROCK Early bird ticket special ending soon for Alberta faith event this summer!
Searching for a young adult bonding activity this summer? Search no more… Bring your family & friends. One Rock 2015 is held at the Redwood Meadows Fair Grounds near Bragg Creek as your camping ground with live music, world class speakers, kids’ activities, free child care, food trucks and much more in one place. So pack your camping gear for the weekend of August 14, 15 and 16, 2015! For more information, please visit www.onerock.ca
This year’s line-up includes bishops, Matt Fradd and Chris Bray as our speakers, as well as entertainers Josh Blakesley, Joe Zambon, Emma Fradd, and many more.
1. May the Spirit help us in individual and communal ways to restore health to the earth. We pray to the Lord.
2. Help us recognize the gifts we have received from the Spirit, and live them in our daily lives. We pray to the Lord.