We pray for parishes, priests, and parish life directors across our diocese who are experiencing change and new situations, as pastoral appointments come into effect. Lord Jesus Christ, bless us with hearts of welcome and of zeal as we move forward together to proclaim the gospel, live together in communion, and serve those in need.
* Summer break – The Catholic Pastoral Centre in Saskatoon will be closed from June 29 to July 3, re-opening Monday, July 6 with regular hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays (closed over noon hour, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.) at the location on the second floor of the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon.
* Diocesan Bulletin – weekly announcements from the Catholic Pastoral Centre will take a break in the summer months, resuming the last week of August.
* CELEBRATING CONSECRATED LIFE - The Knights of Columbus of Denis Mahoney Council #8215, invite you to celebrate with Bishop Donald Bolen ‘The Year of Consecrated Life.’ Come and meet those who have answered the call. A delicious steak supper will be catered with all the trimmings. The supper will be held Tuesday, Sept. 8 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon, with Cocktails at 5:00 p.m. and Supper at 6:00 p.m. with musical entertainment. Tickets are available from Andy Wilson (306) 249-0485 and Reg Bilodeau (306) 373-5931. Cost: $25. Proceeds will be directed toward diocesan vocational efforts.
* Creating Cultures of Parish Generosity, is a top-notch, two-day stewardship conference that is open to all, Sept. 10-11 at the Cathedral of Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. This event will provide pertinent, concrete information on giving, fundraising, and Catholic theology about money and generosity. Register by the July 3 Early Bird deadline: $65 for both days.
Register online: https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1731808 or contact Jocelyne Hamoline at jhamoline [at] dscatholicfoundation.ca or call (306) 659-5849. Find more information at: http://saskatoonrcdiocese.com/ or www.dscatholicfoundation.ca
* The 10th annual Compassionate Healers Mass will be held Tuesday Sept. 29 at 7:00 p.m. at the Dormition Ukrainian Catholic Parish, Saskatoon. Refreshments to follow. Coming together as one community this special invitation is extended to: Medical Personnel, Spiritual Care, Volunteers, Parish Nurses, Men and Women Religious in Health Care Ministry, Ministry of Care Volunteers in Parishes and Health Care Facilities and Family Caregivers, Medical & Healthcare Students. The Eucharist will re-energize us in our professions and in our faith. Bound by common beliefs, we share in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ throughout the diocese.
Maryanne Nimmo from Immaculate Heart of Mary parish in Martensville has a Technics organ that she would like to donate to a local parish. Her contact information is: (306) 249-1268 (home) or (306) 280-9156 (cell).
Sunday, June 28 at 11:00 a.m. St Ann's Parish, Watrous is having a Polka Mass at Danceland, Manitou Beach. Brunch to follow. Everyone welcome.
* 83rd Anniversary Holy Rosary Shrine Pilgrimage ~ Reward, Saskatchewan ~ Sunday, July 12, 2015 - The pilgrimage to the Lady of the Rosary began in 1932, when the priests of St. Joseph’s Colony under the blessing of Bishop Prudhomme, decided to hold an annual pilgrimage to honour the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Church at Reward was chosen because of its centrality to the colony.
SUNDAY, JULY 12:
2:00 pm Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament & Reconciliation
3:15 pm Anointing of the Sick
4:00 pm Welcome, Parade of Banners, (all parishes be sure to bring your banners)
Holy Eucharist - Bishop Donald Bolen,
Music/Liturgy: Kerrobert, Luseland, Major, Dodsland
6:00 pm Supper - Free will offering.
Refreshments will be available on the grounds all day.
The Lord’s words are addressed to all of us “Come and See.” Truly living our faith means staying close to Jesus and dwelling with him with open mind and heart. It is all too easy to be distracted by the quest for our own glory. Hope to see you there!
Catholic Health Association of Saskatchewan (CHAS) - Mark your calendars for Oct. 19-20, 2015 for the 72nd CHAS Conference, to be held at the Prince Albert Inn in Prince Albert, SK. This year’s theme is “INSIDE OUT: Spirituality and Quality in Health Care.” Keynote speakers will be Kenneth Pargament, PhD, and Sr. Mary Jean Ryan. Contact 306-655-5330, cath.health [at] sasktel.net or visit www.chassk.ca for more information.
* Thinking about Separation or Divorce? Is your marriage or that of a relative or friend heading for divorce? Do you know how to save that marriage? Retrouvaille (pronounced retro-vie) is designed to help troubled marriages regain their health and re-awaken the love, trust and commitment that originally brought them together. For confidential information about or to register for the September 18-20, 2015 weekend in Saskatoon, call Wendy or Fritz at (306) 652-7155 or email retrouvaille [at] sasktel.net
* Rock the Mount 2015: annual outdoor summer celebration of Catholic faith will be held 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15 at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, two miles north of Carmel, SK. This year’s theme is “The Divine Keeper – God’s Providential Care for His People.” Guest speaker is Fr. Denis Phaneuf, with music by Catholic singer-songwriter-author Mark Mallett and a drama presentation “The Keeper of the Keys” by the RTM Drama Team. Includes Mass with Bishop Donald Bolen at 5 p.m. Concludes with Eucharistic adoration, followed by praise and worship under the prairie skies. Find details at: www.rockthemount.com
* Nightfever - Experience Christ in prayer, music, stillness, and anointed conversations all through the invitation of lighting a candle! Nightfever will be held Friday, July 17 from 8 to 11 p.m. at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral 720 Spadina Cres. East, Saskatoon. Passersby will be approached and welcomed to come in to the church for a moment of prayer. Those who wish to volunteer are invited to arrive at 7:30 p.m. for orientation or contact Colm at youthmin [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com Nightfever will also be held Aug. 7 during the Fringe Festival, at St. Joseph’s Parish, 8th Street and Broadway Avenue in Saskatoon.
Year of Consecrated Life –– Clothing has a dual purpose: to protect the fragile body from harsh weather and to adorn and identify ourselves and what we are about: the business suit of an executive, the torn jeans of a teenager, the uniform of a soldier. So it makes sense that Saint Paul says we should “put on” virtue; we should wear compassion, kindness, patience, gentleness—colorful and obvious as our outfits. Paul wants us to wear our allegiance to Christ—“on our sleeves” if you will—not as a boast like a Gucci or Prada logo, but as a simple, humble sign that this woman, this man, this youngster belongs to Christ, and you’ll know it because you can see that the person is dressed in love.—Take Five for Faith
Find testimonies and vocation stories about Consecrated Life on the diocesan website: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/year-consecrated-life
STEWARDSHIP CORNER: In today’s reading from St. Paul, he explains the ‘divine economy’ of stewardship – “Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality. Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need. Later, they will have plenty and can share with you when you need it. In this way, things will be equal. As the Scriptures say, “Those who gathered a lot had nothing left over and those who gathered only a little had enough.”” (NLT)
To find out more about stewardship, contact Jocelyne Hamoline, Personal Giving Coordinator, Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation, e-mail: jhamoline [at] dscatholicfoundation.ca or phone: (306) 659-5849 or see: www.dscatholicfoundation.ca/parish-stewardship-resources
ANNOUNCEMENTS CONTINUING FROM LAST WEEK:
* Ordination to the Priesthood: All are welcome to this joyful diocesan celebration as Deacon Cosmos Epifano, OSB, is ordained a priest as a member of the Order of Saint Benedict at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at St. Augustine Parish, 809-10th Street, Humboldt, SK.
* The Annual Mass and Blessing of Graves at St. Helen Parish at Brooksby, Sk will be held on Sunday, August 16th at 2:00 p.m. Coffee/Donuts and fellowship following.
* OUR LADY OF FATIMA CELEBRATION – the Saskatoon Portuguese community will be having a Mass in honour of Our Lady of Fatima on Sunday, July 5, at 3:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Church on Avenue O and 20th Street. The mass will be followed by a street procession with the statue of Our Lady of Fatima. After that, we will have coffee and a light lunch in the hall. We hope you can join us in devotion and prayer to Mary. We would also like to extend a special invitation to all parish priests to come and concelebrate Mass in honour of Our Lady of Fatima.
Upcoming Queen’s House Events:
QUEEN’S HOUSE PROGRAMMING INFORMATION: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9; Phone: 306-242-1916; E-mail: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org or website: www.queenshouse.org
Ongoing programs include:
- CENTERING PRAYER: Monday evenings - 7pm
- HOLY EUCHARIST: Wednesdays, 3:00 pm (call to confirm time – all are welcome!)
- JOURNEY WITH SCRIPTURE: Fr Paul Fachet - $25 includes lunch – 1st Wednesday – Oct. 7
- TAIZE PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY: 2nd Tuesday/month - 8 pm – Sept. 8
- DAY AWAY with Gisele Bauche: 2nd Wednesday each month - $25 includes lunch – Sept. 9
- 24 HOUR EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: 4th Monday/month, 12:00 pm to Tuesday 12:00 pm
- PERSONAL DAY(S) OF PRIVATE PRAYER: Book anytime
Summer opportunities for retreat and renewal:
* EIGHT DAY SILENT DIRECTED RETREAT at Queen’s House in Saskatoon: Sunday June 28, 4:00pm - Sunday July 5, 3 p.m. with Facilitators: Dianne Mantyka and Bishop Gerry Wiesner omi. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
* DRAWING INTO GOD: UNLEASING YOUR CREATIVE SPIRIT: with Gisele Bauche 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 11 at Queen’s House in Saskatoon. Cost is $55 (includes lunch). REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
* SUMMER STILLNESS 2015: SPIRITUALITY AND THE SEASONS OF OUR LIVES - From Monday July 13 at 5:30 pm to Thursday July 16, at 1:00 pm at Queen’s House in Saskatoon, with Facilitator: Fr. Ron Rolheiser, omi. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
“EUCHARIST: A Life Taken, Blessed, Broken and Shared” - 7:00 to 9:00 pm Friday, July 17 and Saturday, July 18 from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. Will be held at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor St. W, Saskatoon, presented by Marie-Louise Ternier-Gommers. Cost is $55. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org Website: www.queenshouse.org
St. Therese Institute’s next 9-day 'triumph' retreat will be taking place this Summer, July 31-Aug. 9 in Bruno, SK. 'triumph' is a 9-day facilitated journey of spiritual growth, leading you deeper into a Christ-centered life filled with joy! There will also be a triumph retreat Oct. 16-25. More information and registration at www.st-t.ca/triumph or call (306) 369-2555.
* STR8 UP – 10,000 Little Steps To Healing, 226 Avenue V South. Saskatoon SK, (306) 244-1771 or 306-229-8853 or www.str8-up.ca - Employment Project- The proposed project is intended to provide a 15-week employment and educational training opportunity for STR8 UP members.
How you can help:
- Provide 4 hours of low entry job tasks for STR8 Members, once a week for 15 weeks. Example of low entry job tasks are: mowing lawns, washing windows, raking lawns etc. Please provide advance notice of one week of lead time.
- Provide the necessary tools and equipment needed to complete the job.
- If you are not able to provide low entry employment, tools or equipment please consider making a donation to our charity: 849289434RR0001.
What STR8 UP will provide:
- STR8 UP Members will be supervised and mentored by STR8 UP staff during any employment placements at all times.
- STR8 UP Members will be paid by STR8 UP but donations would be greatly appreciated in order to continue the transformative work we are engaged in.
If you feel that this is an initiative you or your organization or business can be a part of, please contact Alex Munoz at (306) 244-1771 or by e-mail at alex.munoz [at] usask.ca
Our Lady of Lourdes St. Laurent Shrine - A number of celebrations are held throughout the summer at this historic roadside shrine north of Saskatoon, off of Highway 11, near Duck Lake. The schedule includes:
- Monday, July 6 to Tuesday, July 14 - Mass and Daily Novena Prayers, weekdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 15 - Priests available for individual confessions at the log church and grotto from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.; charismatic prayer time at the log church from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.; talk at the Grotto at 6 p.m., followed by private prayer time, and a procession with Mary and the rosary from the Log church to the Grotto at 8:15 p.m. Mass will be celebrated at 9 p.m., followed by a candlelight procession.
- Thursday, July 16 - 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. - a pipe ceremony and Cree Mass; 11 a.m. to noon a French Eucharistic Celebration; 1:30 p.m. Celebration of the Eucharist in English, with anointing of the sick; 3:30 p.m. procession with the Blessed Sacrament and closing prayer at 4 p.m.
- August 15 - Feast of the Assumption - 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament; 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Penitential Celebration; 7 p.m. Marian prayer/rosary; 7:30 p.m. Celebration of the Eucharist, followed by a candlelight procession.
- Sept. 8 - Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary - 6:30 p .m. to 7:30 p.m. - Sacrament of Reconciliation; 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Marian prayer/rosary; 7:30 p.m. - Celebration of the Eucharist; 8:30 p.m. - Candlelight procession, followed by birthday cake and coffee at 9 p.m. (You are invited to bring a long-stemmed live rose in honour of Mary).
Find more information on the website at: http://stlaurentshrine.com or call (306)467-4447 or (306) 384 8629.
Assembly of Western Catholic Bishops’ Standing Committee on Aboriginal Affairs Conference. And Newman Theological College present: “Directions in Aboriginal Ministry” Program, “Decolonizing Pastoral Ministry” The Journey after the TRC: Building Right Relations of Respect and Integrity, from 3 p.m. Monday, August 17 to Thursday August 20, at 2:00 p.m., held at the Rosemary Heights Retreat Centre, Archdiocese of Vancouver, 3690-152nd St. Surrey, BC V3S 0L3, www.rosemaryheights.com The conference will allow participants to experience, explore and reflect on their faith life and ritual celebrations of Aboriginal people in the context of “De-colonizing Pastoral Ministry – The Journey after the TRC: Building Right Relations of Respect and Integrity.” This event will explore how Aboriginal understandings of faith, service, and reconciliation are rooted in their cultural heritage and in the experience of colonization. Participants will see how that cultural heritage enlightens and informs the way they live their Catholic faith. This dialogue will allow participants to develop a strong theology of inter-culturation of faith and to further explore a variety of subjects that are directly related to the ministry, and spirituality, of forgiveness and reconciliation, especially in the context of the TRC. For more information on the program or to register, please contact: Sister Eva Solomon, CSJ, D. Min., Coordinator of Building Bridges Project, Phone: 1-204-221-3539, E-mail: evasolomon [at] shaw.ca Info at: www.newman.edu/BenedictXVIInstitute/AboriginalStudies.aspx
* TRANSITIONS - The pain of divorce is often unbearable. What many people forget is that divorce is a fancy word masking what is truly a broken attachment between two people who once loved each other. If you have had to face this painful experience, and feel alone and helpless, we can help. Transitions is a rebuilding program for those living through separation or divorce, which is offered by the Diocese of Saskatoon twice a year. The evenings are facilitated by those who have already journeyed through this experience and have found some healing for themselves. The sessions are held Monday evenings for 11 weeks at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, beginning Monday, September 21, 2015. For more info or to register, contact Sharon at (306) 659-5831 or by email: foundations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* 16th Annual Pilgrimage and Walk to the Pro-Life Millennium Cross will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30. The 100-foot white steel cross is located 10 km northeast of Aberdeen, SK, on Highway #41. Guest speaker this year is Shawna Arnold, Fountain of Hope. A Living Rosary is celebrated during the afternoon, along with other prayers. Food and beverages are available – bring your rosary and chairs. Watch for details about the pilgrimage walk from Saskatoon that day. For more information about the Millennium Cross and the Pro-Life Pilgrimage, see: www.prolifemillenniumcross.ca
What are your summer plans? Looking for an exciting new adventure? St. John Bosco Wilderness camp is a summer camp for youth ages 8-17.The focus of camp is having fun learning and living in the outdoors. Youth and teens enjoy activities such as canoeing, swimming, archery, wide-games, hiking, orienteering, nature lore, and liturgy. Campers have the opportunity to experience wilderness travel and camping, making lifelong friends and developing a new appreciation for God in nature. Various programs are offered, including hiking and canoeing overnight camping trips. For more information and/or to download registration form, visit our website at www.johnboscocamp.com or call us at 1-844-752-6726
* Become a Host Family for an international student attending one of the Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. We promise a compatible match, orientation and support, and a generous allowance. For more information, please contact Amy at gscs [at] canadahomestaynetwork.ca
or The Canada Homestay Network, 306-667-3825 ext. 2082 www.canadahomestaynetwork.ca/hosts.html
* Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Saskatoon Cana Family Retreat, August 2-8, 2015.
Dive in! Coming this summer at St. Michael’s Camp, Madge Lake, Saskatchewan. Experience families evangelizing families in nature with our beautiful Eastern spirituality. Get unplugged and let the Spirit work in your family. We ask that families not bring ‘guests’ (other relatives, family friends), pets, computer games, etc. This is to optimize the experience of renewed unity within the family. Let go of distractions and allow God to respond. Space availability is for 8 families. Hotel- style lodging. Non-refundable registration $50. Cost recovery is about $600 per family – we encourage contributions according to your means and ability. For info/registration, contact: Deborah Larmour (306) 244-7719 or (306) 717-2756. (Please leave a message) or email: ucfamilylifeoffice [at] sasktel.net Find more information online at: http://www.skeparchy.org/familyandlife/ or find more information about the camp facility online at: http://www.stmichaelscamp.com
OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE PILGRIMAGE & TOUR to Mexico City – Star of the New Evangelization will take place from Feb. 11 to Feb. 20, 2016 with Bishop Bryan Bayda, CSsR, of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Saskatoon. Prices for double occupancy are $2,400 per person. Basic price of pilgrimage and tour includes: return airfare from Saskatoon to Mexico City, flight cancellation insurance, hotel (9 nights), breakfasts and suppers served at the hotel, the services of an experienced English speaking local tour guide, transportation and day tours. A $100 deposit is required with registration (non refundable); with $1,000 required by Sept. 1, 2015. Final payment of $1,300 required by Nov. 1, 2015. For registration form or further information, contact Marlene at (306) 262-1647.
NEW HALL FOR RENT – Sts-Martyrs-Canadiens Parish, situated at 1007 Windsor Street, in North Park in Saskatoon, has a NEW HALL to rent for various occasions: conferences, meetings, weddings, parties, etc., big or small. The hall is fully furnished with banquet chairs and round tables. CAPACITY: 260. For more information or for rental, please contact Muriel at: 306-665-1829 or at smc [at] sasktel.net
* Blackstrap Youth Camp invites youth ages 8 - 13 years to a rocking summer experience. Blackstrap Youth Camp runs weekly from Sunday to Friday throughout July and the first week of August. Campers take part in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, including canoeing, swimming, hiking and tenting. This camp gives youth the opportunity to experience God through nature and fellowship with other young people. The camp is sponsored by the Saskatoon Knights of Columbus, and is fully endorsed by the diocese of Saskatoon. All camp activities are supervised by a responsible counseling team, with a staff-to-camper ratio of one staff member to every six campers. Located south of Saskatoon, near Dundurn, Blackstrap Youth Camp facilities include a lake with beach area, an indoor heated swimming pool with a qualified lifeguard on duty, an indoor gymnasium and recreation hall, a trampoline, and a chapel. Apply online: www.blackstrapyouthcamp.org or call us at 306-934-1838.
* Mount Carmel 2015: The 93rd Mount Carmel Pilgrimage (two miles north of Carmel, SK) will be held Sunday, July 19, with a program that includes: 9:30 a.m. An Hour with Mary - Marian hymns, Rosary, Sacrament of Reconciliation;10:45 a.m. An Hour with God's Family - Sunday Eucharist, Bishop Donald Bolen, presiding, with Rev. Cosmas Epifano, OSB, homilist, and the blessing of the fields; 12:00 noon An Hour with our diocesan family - lunch and quiet time with the Blessed Sacrament; and 1:30 p.m. An Hour with the Lord - hymns, Stations of the Cross, procession with the Blessed Sacrament, Blessing of the Sick.
* Have you ever thought of giving a year of your life in missionary service? Pure Witness Ministries engages teams of Catholic men and women, eighteen years of age and older and trains them as missionaries to: proclaim the freedom, hope and joy that come from living pure lives for Christ, and to present the teachings of our Catholic faith to youth and families across Western Canada in dynamic ways that speak to this generation. Pure Witness missionaries experience a transformational year in their lives as they live out the three-fold mission of: Community Life, Faith Formation and Outreach. Discover all that you were created to be and be a part of the renewal of faith in our Church as we work together to love a generation back to Christ. For more information, check out www.join.purewitness.com or email carmen.marcoux [at] purewitness.com.
St. Augustine Parish in Humboldt, SK. is Looking for a Pastoral Associate
The Pastoral Associate is a professional minister who shares in the overall care of the parish. He or she is a member of the parish staff and is accountable to the pastor. The ministry of the pastoral associate is comprehensive, relating to aspects of parish life, with designated responsibilities; liturgy, sacramental preparation, RCIA and pastoral care. This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend and evening work. For a complete job description, please email: staugustine [at] sasktel.net To apply, mail your resume to: St. Augustine Parish, PO Box 1989, Humboldt, SK S0K 2A0 or e-mail: staugustine [at] sasktel.net Rooted and centred in the baptismal gift and the grace of Jesus’ call to discipleship, the Pastoral Associate is committed to service to the Church. He or she promotes gospel values and growth in holiness, values collaboration and mutuality in mission and ministry, and recognizes the necessity for professional preparation and ongoing formation.
* FACEtoFACE - IGNITE SASKATCHEWAN -
Ignite is a week-long summer camp for teens (going into Grade 9 through graduating Grade 12) serious about growing in holiness. Offered by FacetoFace Ministries, Ignite is an incredible week with excellent talks, amazing people, daily Mass, epic large group activities, reconciliation, adoration, praise and worship, and much more! Ignite Saskatchewan will be held from July 19 to July 24 at St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, 650 Ursuline Avenue, Bruno, SK. Cost is $350. Find more Information / register at: https://f2f.ca/ignite/
(NOTE: Ignite British Columbia will also be held this summer, Aug. 16-21 at Camp Morice near Prince George, B.C. and Ignite Alberta will be held Aug. 23-28 at Camp St. Louis, Bonnyville, AB.)
Italy in August - Pilgrimage to Italy Aug. 27 to Sept. 7, visiting Padua, Forli, Florence, Siena, Orvieto, Assisi, Lanciano, San Giovanna Rotondo, Naples, Monte Casino, Netunno and Rome. Daily Mass and Spiritual exercises lead by Fr. Pius Schroh, Pastor of Saint Paul’s Co-Cathedral. To book your place and for full itinerary call Gospa tours at 1-888-261-0781.
* Lay Formation – Apply today! Applications are now being accepted for the Lay Formation program starting in September. Are you longing to deepen your relationship with God? Do you want to enrich your prayer life and grow as a member of a Christian community? Are you hungry to learn more about your faith? Consider Lay Formation! Held one weekend a month in Saskatoon from September to June. To apply, call (306) 659-5847 or e-mail: layform [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com or see: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/layformation
St. Thomas More Chapel on the University of Saskatchewan Campus will hold its last Sunday mass for this Academic Year on Sunday, June 28th. After breaking for summer, Sunday Masses at 11 am will resume on August 30, 2015, and Sunday Masses at 5 pm will resume September 13th. STM will continue to host the African Catholic Community for mass in the STM chapel at 2 pm, on the first Sunday of every month, including July and August.
The Sisters of the Presentation of Mary have a house on Pells Drive, a quick fifteen or twenty minute walk to the University of Regina. We welcome young women who are looking for room and board. Residents have enjoyed our meals, our company, our support and a place that responds to their need for quiet and study. For more information please contact: Sister Emma Rousseau, 5 Pells Drive, Regina, Sk S4S 4S8. Phone: (306) 584-3652. E-mail: erousseau03 [at] gmail.com
* Faith-based community experience for 19-35 year old single Catholic women. If you are looking for “affordable rent” and more…. Discernment House may be the place for you. The Sisters of the Presentation offer you a home away from home. As you work or study, this program offers you the opportunity to live a community experience and to grow in your personal faith through prayer, reflection, spiritual direction and service. Located at 851 University Drive, Saskatoon, Sask., a 15-minute walk from University of Saskatchewan, close to downtown. Taking registrations for September 2015. For more information contact : Sr. Lucie Hamel at (306) 244-0726 or e-mail: sk.dhouse [at] gmail.com or visit the website at: www.presentationofmary.ca
* Nun Run 2015 - Have you ever wondered what it’s like to live in a religious community? Nun Run 2015 is an opportunity for young women to travel together from August 17-28, visiting various women’s religious communities in Saskatchewan and Alberta for 1-2 days each. The experience is aimed to offer a sample of what religious life looks like in different communities. Katherine Scott is assisting the diocese in coordinating this project and is looking for 4-5 companions to travel with her. The cost is $150 each. A formation event will take place prior to for all interested participants. To find out more ,please contact Myron Rogal at 306-659-5841 or vocations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
Blackstrap Youth Camp is attempting to build a fund to allow underprivileged youth to be able to attend Camp. Tax-receipted donations can be made through our website, www.blackstrapyouthcamp.org or through our crowdfunding campaign at: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/summer-camp-for-underprivileged-youth. Crowdfunding works only if you spread the word far and wide! Share to your Facebook, Twitter and email contacts. Thank you!
Catholic Engaged Encounter in Lumsden - Getting married? Want a weekend away to focus on your relationship? “A Wedding is a Day, a Marriage is a Lifetime.” Catholic Engaged Encounter uses a tried and true method of marriage preparation that has been successful for over 30 years and gained approval from the Vatican and hundreds of dioceses throughout the world. Regina CEE has openings in our upcoming weekends. Dates in Lumsden include: November 13-15, 2015. For more information please call Kim and Vance Weber at 306-698-2466, or go to www.ceewest.com
One Rock: An outdoor festival of faith in its sixth year, including international musicians, speakers, reflections, camping, soccer and other fun activities for young adults and their families, organized by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Calgary. Free child care provided. Tickets are sale priced until June 30. Single weekend pass $25. Family weekend pass $60. Held at Redwood Meadows Fair Grounds (Tsuu Tina) near Bragg Creek, August 14 to 16; See: www.onerock.ca for tickets, info and to volunteer.
1. May we reverence the gift of the Spirit found in the heart of all creation. We pray to the Lord.
2. Give us the grace to see your glory in the beauty of nature and the arts. We pray to the Lord.