That all youth/young adults & families encounter Christ and become disciples of God's love to the world.
The Youth Ministry Office exists to empower, train, support, and mentor those serving young people in our community.
Mandate: What We Offer
The Youth Ministry Office is here for you! We look to fulfill our mission through a five prong effort to enhance the efforts of those in the community at home, in schools/campus, parishes, and the civic community.
We call it our My 5ive
- LEAD - cast a vision, connect, collaborate
- Connect & Communicate with our workers in the vineyard.
- Help various ministries, movements, and parishes connect & collaborate amongst one another in sharing their gifts.
- Empower & Affirm
- Ministry of praying intentionally for our youth and youth ministry leaders.
- Mentorship available to journey and help grow leaders.
- Support (meet with leaders/parents, training opportunities, resources)
- Advocate for Youth Ministry
- Speak to needs of the youth most critically amongst families, parishes, schools. Also being involved in conversations at diocesean, regional and national events.
- Events - Coordinate gatherings done better together, on a bigger scale, or require central leadership
- Bishop's Cup, NightFever, WYD promotion/support, Theology on Tap, Town Hall
Please feel free to contact the Youth Office so that we can get to know you and be of service to you in your mission to serve God's young people. Peace!
Get to know your coordinator, Colm Leyne!
- Is married to Sharon since 2009 & they have a daughter, Jacinta, and a son, Ezra
- Youth Ministry Coordinator for the Diocese of Saskatoon.
- Colm has 20 years of experiences (paid and as a volunteer) in youth ministry. Including 3 years working at a parish, 1 as a retreat team coordinator, and now presently at the Diocese for the last 7 years.
- Besides life, Colm holds a Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies and a graduate of the Diocese of Saskatoon Lay Formation program.
- He dreams of visiting all major Marian shrines, and for all young people in the Diocese to go on a pilgrimage and mission before the age of 25.
- Colm is an avid sports fan, especially of the Montreal Canadians.
- When he manages to find time, it usually is spent around family, sports or reading a good book.
- He’s rumored to have collected sticks as a kid.